Jessica Mae: Southwest Salad

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Southwest Salad

This semester we are trying to eat healthier. We've been good so far. Last night we had a late dinner and I was trying to think of something quick and easy I could put together. How about a salad?! Pulled the lettuce out and got it all out on the plate. Chopped up some carrots, cucumber, and tomato. Then! It came to me! A southwest salad! We had some Hidden Valley Southwest Chipotle, then added some Cuban black beans, corn, bacon bits, and tortilla strips! :) There you go a southwest salad. It was delicious!

Ingredients
-lettuce
-cucumber
-carrots
-tomato
-corn
-cuban black beans
-some sort of chipotle dressing
-bacon bits
-tortilla strips

MIX IT ALL TOGETHER!
YUM!

This is not my picture :( I forgot to take one, but mine definitely look very similar!

Simple, quick, and easy!

7 comments:

  1. yummm!! that looks absolutely delicious! :)
    and totally understandable that you forgot to take a picture of your food. i do that all the time. it just looks so good that i start eating. and then when its half gone, i realize "shoot! didn't take a picture of my awesome food!"
    haha

    -Marsa
    The DayLee Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so funny how that happens! Because I feel like everything I do now, I'm thinking to myself, can I blog about this?? Haha :)

      Delete
  2. That sounds delicious! I'm definitely gonna have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so trying this! Looks delicious! Love the blog!

    now following!

    xoxo

    mariahlauren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm this looks super yummy. I'm always on the look-out for new recipes that won't contribute to the jiggle I already have goin' on. ;-) I'll have to try this one; thanks for posting!

    SO glad I found your adorable blog through the blog hop. I can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I love them! I read every single one and I try to reply to all of them :)