Jessica Mae: Did you know???

Friday, January 18, 2013

Did you know???

Did you know...

A little salt sprinkled into the frying pan will prevent splattering??

Dipping your bacon in cold water will stop it from becoming "curly"??

Storing cartons of cottage cheese upside down; it will keep twice as long??

You will get more juice from a lemon if you warm it slightly it the oven??

Once an onion is cut in half, you rub the leftover side with butter and it will keep longer??

A few drops of lemon juice added to whipping cream helps it whip faster and better??

A few potato slices added to the oil will keep doughnuts from burning??

Brown sugar or bread won't harden if an apple slice is placed in the container??

A small amount of baking soda added to gravy will eliminate excess grease??

For juicier burgers, add a stiffly beaten egg white to each pound of hamburger?? 

The darker the flesh of a fish, the higher it is in calories??


Just some fun kitchen facts :) You may or may not already know these! Thanks Wendy Carter :)



17 comments:

  1. Love this!! Thanks for the great tips, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great facts to know! Thanks for sharing :)

    Summer x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice to know! Stuff you never would have thought of! Your welcome :)

      Delete
  3. Ummm no, actually. I did not know any of those things! But glad that you told me :) AMAZING! I might need to write this all down :)
    The Real McCoy(s)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are awesome! Thank you! I love crazy tips like these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so did not know any of these! Haha! Just found your blog and am a new follower! Some of your side-bar pics look like you live in or near Wilmington, maybe? I was born and raised there, and my parents still live there! That place has my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iam from Wilmington! Such a beautiful place :) I plan on moving back within the next 3 years because it definitely has my heart as well.

      Delete
  6. WOW! I knew the one about the lemon, but not any of the others. I'm going to try the one with the bacon because I seriously hate it when bacon curls like crazy. Thanks for the tips! Just found your blog and have enjoyed getting to know you better. Hope you don't mind if I follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    thelifeofbon.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am seriously so fascinated by this list of information. I didn't know any of these things. Thank you for sharing!!!
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting! Definitely have to try out a few of those tricks!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm seriously going to have to try the salt in the oil one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely have to try the salt in the frying pan.

    I'm here from the almost Friday Thursday blog hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I love them! I read every single one and I try to reply to all of them :)